Every now and then I like to make a fancy cocktail that speaks to the season we’re in. Well, let me introduce The Bonita to you. She’s fancy with a dash of bougie (ask my girl Chef Andra at bougieeats.com), and while your there enroll in her Art of Entremets course and thank me later. Chef Andra and myself had such a lovely time creating this drink together, so its only right that I share this gorgeous drink with you all.
For this drink we make a lovely rose simple syrup. Simple syrup in itself is just equal parts water and sugar, slowly simmered down into a sweet syrup. You then can use the simple syrup for cocktails that call for it, or use it to sweeten up your morning coffee, tea and lemonade. Here I took the simple syrup and elevated it by adding rose petals. The flavor is amazing! You get floral flavor with sweetness that is simply beautiful! And so easy to make.Jump to Recipe
The tools are simple you will need:
- a cocktail shaker this one is awesome because it come with a measuring tool
- small saucepan for simple syrup
- A short glass like pictured
The ingredients you will need:
- Grapefruit juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
- Kettle One Botanical Vodka rose & grapefruit flavor
- Rose simple syrup
The key to make this drink blend well is to shake vigorously! I promise you it’s all in the shake! You can make your rose simple syrup ahead of time to allow it time to cool your rose simple syrup will last in the fridge for 4 weeks. So have fun using it in other drinks and lemonades.
The BonitaCourse: Brunch, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: CocktailsDifficulty: Easy
2-1/2 ounces of grapefruit juice
1 ounce of Ketel One Botanical grapefruit & rose vodka
1/2 ounce of bourbon
1/2 ounce of rose simple syrup
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of water
1 cup of dried rose petals
- To make rose simple syrup, add water, sugar in a saucepan with rose petals. On a low heat, simmer all ingredients together until sugar dissolves. Cover the saucepan and let simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool and store into a mason jar.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, and all ingredients, cover and shake vigorously to combine. Pour cocktail over ice and garish with a slice of grapefruit.
Feel free to double up on this recipe to make a drink for two.
Store simple syrup in fridge up to 4 weeks.