Cookies, cookies and more cookies are a number one request in our household. I have made cookies a hundred different ways truly! But the most requested favorite are my Chocolate Chip Cookies. The humble, yet very versatile chocolate chip cookie should not be limited.
In this recipe we’re taking this cookie to the camp fire by adding dots of marshmallow and then elevating it with chocolate caramel. Ya’ll, can I tell ya these cookies were a hit!? They were a hit!
The key to baking anything is to plan and prep. Make sure to leave your butter out the night before, or a couple at least an hour or two before you bake. That way your butter will be softened and ready to go. Bring your eggs to room temperature as well this ensures all ingredients blend well.
Heres your list of ingredients you’ll need. You may have most of these in your pantry’s already.
- 2 sticks of butter,
- 2 1/3 cup of flour,
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda,
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of brown sugar,
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar,
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract,
- 2 large eggs,
- 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips,
- mini marshmallows,
- caramel chocolates broken in pieces. (like the ghiradelli brand)
A few key tips to getting the best cookie out of this recipe. I like to let the dough chill for about 20-30 minutes in the fridge before baking. But that’s totally an optional step. Also when the cookie is hot that is when you will add the pieces of caramel squares.
Baking is fun and the reward after your efforts are great! So lets get into this S’mores Cookie recipe already.
S’MORES CHOCO-CARAMEL COOKIESCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
2 sticks of softened unsalted butter
2 -1/3 cup of All purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt (kosher is fine, or table salt)
1 cup + 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, (pack it in)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 large eggs (room temperature)
12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate
about 1/3 cup of mini marshmallows (just enough to put 2 on each cookie)
caramel squares broke into two ( one per cookie)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk all dry ingredients flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
- Combine both sugars, vanilla, and butter and beat together with a mixer or a hand held mixer. Until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes . Next, add eggs one at a time mixing well after each one. Turn mixer off.
- At this with a spoon fold the dry flour mixture into the wet ingredients until all flour is combined. Fold the semi-sweet chocolate chips into mixture. Use a scoop or a tablespoon and scoop two tablespoon of cookie dough, form into a nice round ball.
- Use a cookie scoop, or a tablespoon to scoop out 2 tablespoon of cookie dough. Form into a ball, then on top of each ball, press a mini marshmallow or two on top. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes
DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Check the cookie at the 11 minute mark and take it out. The cookie will still cook as it cools on the cookie sheet. While cookie is still hot add the pieces of caramel on top, and they’ll melt right into the cookie. Enjoy!