Creamy, savory and oh so satisfying this Creamy Lump Crab Alfredo is elevated, yet simple.
Perfect meal for two
This pasta will serve two, perfect for that night in when you want something quick and satisfying. Or if you’re doing date night with your honey this is the perfect dinner for two. And let’s face it, most of our days are spent inside why not get all fancy and cute! The lump crab meat is the star of the dish juicy and sweet that will satisfy your seafood and pasta craving.
The sauce is rich and creamy with creme fraiche giving the sauce a smooth, silky mouthfeel. The savoriness of this sauce cannot be denied. Using my Creole Spice to give it a kick, garlic powder, cracked black pepper and kosher salt you will be in sauce heaven.
The list of ingredients
- Linguine (half the box)
- Water for boiling pasta
- Kosher salt for the water and sauce
- olive oil
- salted butter
- heavy cream
- grey poupon
- creme fraiche
- creole seasoning
- garlic powder
- cracked black pepper
- lump crab meat
Many of these ingredients you may have in your pantry already, creme fraiche can be found near the butter, or the fancy cheese section in your local grocery. I love using Kerry Gold butter, but feel free too use any buttery like.
Let’s dive into this recipe!
Creamy Lump Crab AlfredoCourse: DinnerCuisine: Creole-ItalianDifficulty: Easy-medium
1/2 of a box Linguine
water for boiling pasta (reserve some pasta water for sauce)
1 shallot diced
2 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 stick of salted butter
2 cups of heavy cream
1- 1/2 tablespoon of grey poupon
1 tablespoon of creole seasoning
1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
1/2 cup of creme fraiche
1 container of lump crab meat, you may use only half the container
Optional shaved truffle, green onion or Parmesan cheese
- Boil you water and a heavy pinch or two of salt, add pasta when water is boiling. Boil until al dente about 8-10 minutes. Leave pasta in the water for now.
- Heat a large pan once hot, add olive oil and butter, add shallots. Sauce the shallots for about 3 minutes. Add the heavy cream into the pan and Grey Poupon, add all the spices into the cream sauce now, add the creme fraiche and stir well.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and let come to a steady bubble for about 5 minutes, add some of the reserved pasta water into the sauce if needed. Be sure to taste your sauce, adjust the seasoning until it’s the taste you like.
- Add the linguine and toss to coat, add the crab meat at this time and cook about 5 minutes more. turn off stove and plate your pasta right away. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, cracked black pepper, or any garnish you like.