There is nothing like an old fashioned Coconut Bundt Cake. I mean, coconut, creamy coconut milk all the flavors of an island getaway.
This recipe is full of coconut flavor the crumb you get out of this cake is perfection! I’m bragging here, because it is true ya’ll. The best part for me is the outer part of the cake, its buttery and has a slight crunchy texture that will melt in your mouth.
Crazy For Coconut!
I can go on and on about this cake ya’ll truly I can, but I’m gonna leave you all with this wonderful recipe. I created this recipe over five years ago wow! It’s by far one of my favorite cakes to bake. Very simple ingredients you may already have in you pantry and super easy to make. This Coconut Cream Bundt Cake bakes at 325 degrees for one hour. So its low and slow for this beauty just set your kitchen timer and kick your feet up afterwards.
You’ll smell the coco-nutty aroma all up and through your home it’s quite delightful. If you can’t tell by now a sister loves her some coconut. I’m trying to make a believer out of my non coconut fans come on ya’ll cross on over to the coconut side already.
let’s get into this recipe here’s the list of ingredients you’ll need.
- Baking powder
- Coconut flavoring (not extract)* (see notes)
- Canned coconut milk (unsweetened)
- Powdered sugar (for the glaze)
- Shredded coconut
Now let’s get this baking party started! Be sure to tag me in your creation of this recipe that would make my heart glad. And be sure to follow me on Instagram where you’ll find tasty videos and recipe ideas as well. Also, follow me on Facebook Bonita Applecrumb LLC and at Batch 2020.
Coconut Cream Bundt CakeCourse: Baking
1/-1/2 stick of softened unsalted butter
1-3/4 cup of sugar
3 eggs room temp
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon of coconut flavoring
2 cups of flour sifted
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt ( table salt)
3/4 cup of canned coconut milk unsweetened, plus 4 tablespoons for glaze
1 cup of shredded coconut, plus 1/4 cup for topping
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Set oven to 325 degrees, spray bundt pan with baking spray.
- Sift flour and add salt, baking powder and whisk really good set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add vanilla and coconut flavor to wet ingredients mix well.
- Add flour mix to combine, alternating with coconut milk, ending with flour. Mix after each addition.
- Fold 1 cup of coconut shreds into the batter, pour batter into greased bundt pan, bake for 1 hour on 325 degrees.
- Cake is done when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes. Flip cake unto a plate or cake stand.
- For the glaze mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 4 tablespoons of coconut milk. Add more for the consistency you like. Finish by adding a few sprinkles of shredded coconut!
- Coconut flavoring gives this cake a better result in flavor than coconut extract.